The flexAEM team is pleased to announce that we have updated ALL of the tutorials in our AnAqSim Instructional Series to incorporate the many new enhancements and improvements to AnAqSim; the innovative analytic element groundwater modeling software from Fitts Geosolutions. Some of the recent enhancements and improvements to AnAqSim include:
- A completely redesigned user interface with three tabbed windows for data input, run time messages, and display of model results
- New transient model features that allow you to save all time-step data to plot transient hydrographs and perform transient pathline tracing
- Modified data inputs for hydraulic features with conductance or resistance (leaky barrier, drain or fracture element, and head-dependent normal flux (3rd type) line element) to more closely match conductance and leakance terms familiar to engineers and hydrogeologists
- The ability to save, and then reload, AnAqSim model solutions so there is no need to re-run a time-consuming model file just to re-plot or analyze solution results
- Updated the data grid and results plotting components
- Enhanced model calibration tools and statistics
- New analysis tools for examining groundwater flux terms in transient simulations, and
- The addition of many pop-up menu items for faster model construction and analysis
To incorporate these new features, and make it easier for new users to learn AnAqSim, we restructured our dozens of tutorials into exercise sets that focus on specific modeling topics and features of AnAqSim. Our current exercise sets include:
Set 1: Introduction to AnAqSim (using AnAqSimEDU)
Set 2: Adding heterogeneity; streams and rivers; adding a trench and a conductive drain
Set 3: Adding sub-domains within a large model to represent recharge or infiltration areas, ponds, and lagoons; joining streams to lake features; adding a transmissive geologic fault
Set 4: Multi-layer aquifer modeling; multi-screen wells; simulating stream, river and lake features in a multi-layer model
Set 5: Transient modeling including transient hydrographs for a single pumping well, and working with saved time-step data for hydrographs and transient pathline tracing; model calibration concepts and tools; and adding geologic structure to the base of a model
Set 6: Graphical tools for building and analyzing flow models including importing basemap files for model construction; advanced pathline tracing methods; and use of View Manager features to create report-ready graphics
Set 7: The power of linking the EnviroInsite environmental data management and 3D visualization system with AnAqSim including WMS (web sourced) digital maps for basemaps, creating basemaps in EnviroInsite for import into AnAqSim, creating river and stream data sets for import into AnAqSim, and display of AnAqSim model results in 2D and 3D
Set 8: Diving deeper into AnAqSim tools and features including data grids, solver settings, digitizing tools, model inspector and analysis tools, and exporting model results for post-processing
We are also currently working on Exercise Set 9, which covers saltwater modeling in AnAqSim, including single-layer and multi-layer saltwater interface modeling, saltwater upconing beneath pumping wells, lateral saltwater intrusion modeling, and proper setting of coastal boundary conditions.
In addition to restructuring our tutorial sets, we have also updated our pricing, including new bundles that allow you to purchase our exercise sets at a significant discount!
Visit us on the web at www.flexAEM.com to get started modeling with the flexAEM system today!